Commercial Automobile

Commercial Automobile insurance protects businesses when a company-owned vehicle is involved in a collision, is stolen, vandalized, or otherwise damaged. Commercial auto coverage also may cover damage when your insured company-owned vehicle damages other vehicles, other person’s property, or causes bodily injury to others from an accident.

What It Covers

There are five basic types of protection typically provided by commercial automobile insurance policies:

  • Comprehensive coverage pays for vandalism, theft, storms, or other damages not collision related to your company owned and insured vehicles.
  • Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from an accident with another car or object.
  • Auto Liability covers costs resulting from bodily injury or property damage to other persons caused by your vehicle including legal costs if you are sued.
  • Medical payments for medical bills from passenger injuries resulting from accidents involving your vehicle.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage protects your business in case a driver without insurance or with inadequate limits of insurance injures your drivers or passengers while riding in your vehicle or damages your vehicle.

Disclaimer Notice

This basic information has been prepared as information only. The actual insurance policies are subject to definitions, duties, exclusions, limitations, and various other terms and conditions. This information does not amend, extend, or alter the coverage afforded by the actual insurance policies.

Automobile insurance
tips for employers

  1. Compare costs of providing company vehicles to employees to IRS mileage reimbursement rates and determine what is more cost effective for the company.
  2. Check driving records of employees using company owned vehicles.
  3. Restrict usage of company owned vehicles to employees only and do not allow family members or non-employees to operate company owned vehicles.
  4. Create a safe driver policy for all employees and follow it.
  5. Purchase rental reimbursement coverage as part of your auto insurance policy.
  6. Make sure you have coverage for “any auto” and “hired and non-owned autos”.
  7. Purchase “hired physical damage” as part of your auto insurance policy.
  8. Make sure you purchase the required limits of automobile liability to comply with umbrella or excess liability underlying coverage limits requirements.

Questions about Commercial Automobile Coverage?

Our experienced staff is ready to help you today. 

(800) 344-7335